• Select a School
  • Language
Admin

iPad User Agreement

New Diana Intermediate School

iPad Lending Agreement

2016 - 2017

Purpose:

New Diana ISD uses Instructional Technology as one way of enhancing our mission to educate and empower students to pursue their goals with a sense of purpose that motivates them to take control of their future and become successful, responsible citizens in an ever-changing world. Students  learn collaboration, communication, creativity and critical thinking in a variety of ways throughout the school day. No longer can technology be separate and apart from daily learning it must seamlessly integrate throughout the curriculum. Also, students must continue to learn the importance of digital citizenship and the importance of appropriate online behaviors.

  • All students and parents/guardians must adhere to the Lending Agreement Policies, Student Code of Conduct, Student Handbook, Acceptable Use Policies, Board Policies, and other applicable State and Federal laws.

Device Specifics:

The technology device in this agreement is an iPad air tablet, charger, charging cord, and case. iPads may NOT be serviced or replaced at an Apple Store or service shop. Any technical, physical, or mechanical issues/damages with the iPad must be reported to the school as soon as possible and repairs will be handled by the New Diana ISD Technology Services Department. This equipment is, and at all times remains the property of New Diana Independent School District. The equipment will need to be returned in acceptable condition.

Student Responsibilities:

The iPad is an important learning tool and is for educational purposes only. In order to take an iPad home for missed assignments or special assignments assigned by your teacher, you must be willing to accept the following responsibilities:

  • The iPad is my responsibility and I will not leave it in unsupervised areas.

  • I will honor my family’s values when using the iPad.

  • I will treat the iPad appropriately and will report any mechanical, physical, or technical issues/damages to the school as soon as possible.

  • I will ensure that the New Diana ISD -owned iPad is not damaged, lost, or stolen while it is checked out to me.

  • I will not modify the IOS operating system or “Jailbreak” my iPad.

  • I will not change or delete the internal “name” of the iPad.

  • I will not reset the iPad back to factory settings while the iPad is issued to me.

  • I will return the iPad, charger, charging cord, and case in good working order when returning it to school.

Parent/Guardian Responsibilities:

NDISD will lend your son/daughter an iPad, charger, charging cord, and case on an as needed basis (i.e. illness, special assignment, etc.). It is essential that the following guidelines be followed to ensure the safe, efficient, and ethical operation of this device:

  • I will supervise my son’s/daughter’s use of the iPad at home.
  • I will discuss our family’s values and expectations regarding the use of the Internet, email, apps, photos, etc. I will ensure that my son/daughter reports any mechanical, physical, or technical issues/damages to the school in a timely manner.

  • I will ensure that my son/daughter understands the Student Responsibilities outlined in this Lending Agreement.

  • I agree that the iPad, charger, charging cord, and case will be returned to the school when requested.

Note: NDISD recommends that students or parents/guardians enable the “Find My iPad” application within their iPad settings. This application may aid in locating a lost or stolen iPad outside of the NDISD district network if connected to WiFi. The device will have filtered web content at school, but at home the web content will not be filtered.

Damage/Replacement Fees

New Diana ISD recognizes that with the implementation of the program there is a need to protect the investment in iPads by both this District and the Student/Parent. This document outlines the necessary safeguards for protection of the iPad against damage, loss, and theft.

Damage/Replacement Fees:

Parents will be responsible for damages to the device including, but not limited to, broken screens, cracked plastic pieces, damaged protective cases, lost or damaged chargers, etc. Depending on the damage and whether or not the damage was accidental, intentional or due to a malfunction, the Technology Department will determine the cost of repairs. In the case of intentional damage and/or neglect, the parent will pay the full repair or replacement cost of the device. Refer to the following table for approximate costs:


Claims

Damage/Replacement Fee

Lost/Destroyed/Stolen iPad

$375

iPad Repairs

Full cost of repair

Damaged cover

$48

Power Adapter

$17.50

Power Cable

$17.50


OPTIONAL $35 Usage Fee

Usage fee is optional to cover iPad repair and replacement in the event of theft, damage, or loss. A maximum of two claims which may include either damage, theft, or loss can be filed under this user agreement. Please see the following details as different rates will apply depending on the type of claim. Students and parents/guardians will be responsible for the full amount to repair or replace the iPad and all accessories issued after 2 claims are fulfilled.

  • In the event of a damage claim, the cost to repair for damage may only be assessed and then processed by staff within the NDISD Technology Services Department.

    • If the first claim is a damage claim, the district usage fee will cover 100% of the amount to repair the damaged iPad.

    • If the second claim is a damage claim, the district usage fee will cover 70% of the amount to repair the damaged iPad. Accordingly, the student and parent/guardian will be responsible for the remaining 30% of that cost.

  • In the event of a theft claim (a police report must be filed by the student or guardian and the case number must be given to the campus office), the usage fee will pay 70% of the repair/replacement amount. Accordingly, the student and parent/guardian will be responsible for the remaining 30%.
  • In the event of a lost claim, this coverage will pay for 50% of the replacement amount; the student and parent guardian will be responsible for the remaining 50%.

  • In the event it is determined the iPad is damaged intentionally or recklessly, the student will be responsible for 100% of the cost to replace or repair. This will count as a claim.

The case, charging cord, and power adapter are not covered by this usage fee.